Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Change of plan. Since the videos are already on Myspace and Veoh, I'm thinking it would be a little redundant to post them here as well. But I will start putting the printed version of the recipes, since those are nowhere to be had. :)

In the meantime, I will share on of my more interesting pieces of organic gardening wisdom. (Since I have so many). Broccoli grows well in the cooler spring months. I bought some starter plants last March to see how they would fare in our North Texas backyard. The instructions said to, "cut stalks before small yellow blooms appear". I watched and waited for several months as the stalks grew thicker and little broccoli trees developed. I was so excited, but at the same time, I wondered where these little flowers would come into play. I couldn't see any place on the plant where they might come from.

I was out of town working for a couple of days, and had asked Anthony to water everything while I was away. He called and wanted to know what the little yellow flowers were about, and if that meant that the broccoli was ready to eat. WHAT??? I asked where they were, and he said, "all over". I came home to this:


So when you are eating broccoli, you are eating thousands of tiny flower buds. I think it's so much better for your soul to put the warmth of sunshine and renewal of rain in the form of flower buds into your body than the suffering and fear from dead animals. Don't you?

1 comment: